Monday, June 27, 2011

Search Continues at APSU


Well, it has been months since I wrote on my personal blog but have lots of ideas lately. I have been in Tennessee for 22 days. However, I want to reflect back on the beginning. When I left Tallahassee, I was nervous, scared, anxious, and excited though I had no idea what exactly I was doing. I left behind what is common for a challenge. I left to find something more. As Brianna says, I am exploring my more. I am searching for more.

The faculty, staff, and students are TOP NOTCH here at Austin Peay. They welcomed me in with open arms and have been very supportive as I am learning about their campus and the opportunities here in Clarksville. I laugh and smile several times a day here because of the students and what they bring to each day, including the ones that refer to me as "THE INTERN."

I started out this experience working with Student Conduct, including education surrounding values/ethics. As I have begun work on these programs, I have begun to personally reflect on my values and how I act/behave in various settings. The more I reflected I feel the more I started to grow up. As someone who strives to educate others, I am discovering more about myself. When we least expect to learn, we learn beyond belief.

I hope to get back into the swing of daily/weekly blogging. Stay tuned, friends!

2 comments:

  1. love it!!! .. i too just started blogging

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reflections. Good to document our professional growth. Glad that you continue to examine personal and professional values. My dissertation revealed that student affairs master's students used their experiences to reflect on and strengthen values!

    ReplyDelete