Tuesday, May 18, 2010

And the Winner Is...

Like I stated on my Facebook status, I will have to back track a lot in the next coming months so I can talk about my stories as a consultant and the lessons I have learned. Honestly, I can say (with my one year with Chi Phi coming up) that I have grown so much as a professional and person in various facets. However, I know that I have faced some major trials and tribulations this past year and look to the future to see what God has in store for me. Anyways, today's topic is...

And the Winner is...

I remember in December 2009 working with the SEIFC (Southeastern Interfraternity Conference) Awards Committee and my advisor, Buck Cooke, as we were preparing to evaluate and analyze the councils most deserving from across the Southeast. Now, I am repeating the experience with Chi Phi; however, I have had a great hand in making this as stress free as possible. Although it is to be stress free for the evaluator, it tends to make me think too hard and stress. Yes, I know many of you reading this will say "Dominy, nothing has changed with you." My response, however, is that want to leave something better on this organization than when I began. I guess with me leaving staff in 2 months it is the least I can do.

When the awards applications arrived, I felt like it was a Christmas excitement because we will recognize some of the best and brightest chapters, alumni, and individuals from across the country. I am excited for the process to begin but the finding the volunteers and figuring out the logarithms and equations to make sure that the process and points all add up. I know the excitement is building for all people and I am excited to make sure the best and brightest are recognized. Boston, you better get ready for a great 145th Congress for Chi Phi Fraternity.

No comments:

Post a Comment