Monday, May 24, 2010

I Still Believe...

As Jeremy Camp sings in "I Still Believe," I hear the words reach out to me and speak to me as though God is talking to me face to face. Since Saturday, I can tell a difference in my life. God is bringing me back to the place I have so long to be. I am giving up everything to focus on him. I know right now that it seems like a dream and I do not want to wake up. However, I know I will struggle but it is by God's grace that I will remember his love and mercy to step in the direction of His plan for me.

Aside from my religious walk, I want to reflect on the loss of an amazing woman that I met during my time at Mercer. Although I knew Whitney Davidson for a short while, every time I interacted with her, whether in class, on the Phi Mu porch, or at various Mercer activities, she was always smiling or saying something funny to have me laughing and smiling. She was a true beauty and had such a close connection with her sorority, Phi Mu. Phi Mu holds a special place in my heart and I love each of those women for different reasons but will always cherish my times with each of them.

I know Whitney's legacy continues to live in each of us that she touched. She also has left an impact on those students that she worked with for Teach for America. She loved what she did and we love her for what she did to make a difference in the lives of others.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Davidson family, Phi Mu, and all others who were closely connected to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment